So I haven’t been blogging lately. It’s not too surprising when I reflect upon it. Once I get into school mode, I get pretty consumed. Don’t watch a lot of TV or even read much except for occasional holiday binges. So I kind of knew this would happen. But that doesn’t mean I’m happy about it.
That’s why I was pleased when I was invited by blogger extraordinaire Royan Lee to take part in a fun little exercise meant to challenge me to get back at it. (the photo collage above is a nod to his original post) The challenge works like this:
1. Acknowledge the nominating blogger.
2. Share 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
4. List 11 bloggers. They should be bloggers you believe deserve a little recognition.
5. Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer and let all the bloggers know they’ve been nominated.
Before I begin, I want to note that this challenge has been making the rounds, and I’ve noticed that many of my most prolific blogging colleagues have already taken part in it. With that in mind, I’m going to nominate some people in my Twitter PLC that I know for a fact do not have professional blogs. But I’d like them to. Maybe this gentle nudge will get them to consider it.
Anyway, off we go…
11 Random Facts about Me:
1. I’ve never had a cavity.
2. After nearly two decades away, I am again, an avid comic book reader.
3. There is no activity I like better than playing basketball.
4. I teach the same grade as my mother.
5. I was born and raised in London, Ontario.
6. I don’t know what a ‘predicate’ is.
7. I don’t have Facebook.
8. I walk to and from school each day.
9. I have size 13 feet.
10. I once worked as a stock boy at a Farah Foods…as a twenty-something.
11. I have a Master’s Degree in History.
1. Which season is your favourite, and why?
Fall, because I like jackets.
2. How do you feel about paying $5 for a cup of coffee?
Seems silly but I’ve done it occasionally.
3. What’s one habitual thing you do on a daily basis that you actually can’t stand doing?
Waking up early.
4. Would you rather be a small insect or a large carnivore?
Well, I’m already a large omnivore. So large carnivore seems like it would feel familiar.
5. What song do you perpetually wish they would play when you’re out on the town, but they rarely do?
Search and Destroy by the Stooges.
6. At what age did you first have your heart broken, and who was the breaker?
At 12 by
7. What is your opinion of subtitled foreign films?
Better than non-subtitled foreign films.
8. Tell us about a great restaurant in your town.
The Combine Eatery.
9. What’s your favourite thing to do in the outdoors?
10. Name a dead education theorist that influenced/s you.
11. On a scale of 1-10 (1 not so much; 10 very much), how messy/dirty is your car?
The Magnificent 11 (I’m sure they’ll forgive me if they have already done this, or are otherwise engaged at the moment…)
And my colleague, Antoinetta Giampaolo, who is working on her first blog as we speak…
Your mission, should you choose to accept it:
First, tell us 11 random facts about yourself.
Second, answer these questions:
1. Is there a song makes you cry?
2. Is there a food that you hated as a child, but enjoy now?
3. If you were going out for a fun evening, would you prefer a pub or a club?
4. What would you change about your school?
5. Name a book everyone should read.
6. What activity would you like to be better at?
7. Which historical event do you wish your students knew more about?
8. What artistic medium do you like the best?
9. What superpower would you like to possess?
10. What regret do you have from your childhood/young adulthood?
11. Do you think you would find today’s school experience easier or harder than the one you had?
There we go! Thanks Royan for getting me moving. Hopefully, I’ll be able to keep the momentum going.